Monday, June 13, 2011

My excuse

For not blogging much- well, I’m a working mom. Nuf said..

At the moment I’m still pumping and nursing, although I’m usually lazy in the afternoons and don’t pump unless I feel like I’m going to explode, and we have started supplementing with a bit of formula. We had to when I was on my trip and my little guy out ate my stash, then again later that week when my husband took the boys to my parents house to baby sit while he took my daughter to the doctor. The milk was all packed and ready to go, but remained on the counter as my husband pulled out of the driveway. We live 50 miles away from my parents, so the only thing he could do was run to the store across the street from their house and buy formula and a bottle.

Since then, we’ve basically been supplementing when I’m lazy and don’t feel like pumping before I leave him somewhere. That isn’t often, but still…

So over the course of my trip, I pumped about 64 oz. Winston ate, over 100 that I had left at home, and then some formula. Now we have that 60 in the freezer for next time I have to travel which is next week. Going to leave on a Tuesday, early morning then fly back late Thursday night. The following week I will be leaving Sunday, and coming back Thursday.

We are going to start solids soon. I bought some baby rice cereal at the store this weekend and a jar of peas and a jar of sweet potatoes. Frankly, I’ve been too lazy to start solids. He’s not sitting up yet, but I imagine being the big ball of dough he is, it’s hard to support his own weight. I tried to weigh him at home the other day and I think he’s 21.5 pounds!!! Crazy considering his 2 year old brother is only 26 pounds.

So that’s all I have for now… It’s quitting time soon here at work so I can go home and see my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment